Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET) 2011- 2012 Notification:
ICET 2011 will be conducted on
15th May 2011 (Postponed to 18th May 2011 as NIMCET 2011 date is also on 15th). Andhra University released ICET 2011 notification on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). AU is the organising university for ICET 2011. The official notification of ICET 2011 has come out on 14th February 2011. Integrated Common Entrance Test- ICET is a single gateway for admission to MBA and MCA courses in all Universities, Government and affiliated private colleges in Andhra Pradesh:
1. Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU),
2. Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU),
3. Adikavi Nannaya University (AKNU),
4. Andhra University (AU),
5. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU),
6. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University (BRAU),
7. Dravidian University (DU),
8. JNT University, Ananthapur (JNTU-A),
9. JNT University, Hyderabad
10. JNT University, Kakinada (JNTU-K),
11. Kakatiya University (KU),
12. Krishna University (KrU),
13. Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU),
14. Osmania University (OU),
15. Palamur University (PU),
16. Rayalaseema University (RU),
17. S.K. University (SKU),
18. S.V. University (SVU),
19. Satavahana University (SU),
20. Sri Padmavati Mahila Viswavidyalayam (Women’s University) (SPMU),
21. Telangana University (TU),
22. Vikrama Simhapuri University (VSU),
23. Yogi Vemana University (YVU).
- The candidates should be Indian Nationals and should satisfy local/non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission) Order, 1974 as amended upto date.
- The candidate seeking admission
- For MBA : Should have passed a recognized Bachelor’s Degree Examination of minimum than three years duration .
- For MCA: Should have passed recognized Bachelors Degree examination of minimum three years duration with Mathematical at 10+2 level.
- As per the latest AICTE Approval Process Handbook 2011-2012, eligibility criteria for admission into MBA and MCA courses is revised stipulating 50% (45% for reserved categories) of marks at the qualifying examination. Candidates shall fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down in relevant GOs at the time of admisions.
- The candidate who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for ICET-2011
- Qualifying marks in ICET-2011 is 25% and no minimum marks are prescribed for SC/ST candidates.
Mere qualification in the entrance test does not entitle a candidate to have been admitted into MBA/MCA course unless the candidate :
- Appears for counseling at the notified Centers
- Applies in response to the admission notification issued by the authority concerned(for distance mode)
- Satisfies all the eligibility conditions of admission stipulated by the authority concerned.
HOW TO APPLY?
Filled-in application forms (placed in the envelope supplied) should be submitted along with relevant documents to The Convener, ICET-2011. Applications also can be submitted ONLINE (Website given below). However, a copy of the downloaded application, a passport size photograph and D.D. for Rs.250/- drawn in favor of “The Secretary, APSCHE”, payable at Hyderabad should be submitted to “The Convener, ICET-2011”. The late fee DDs and DDs with the copies of online application forms should also be sent to the Convener, ICET-2011.
Application forms received after the specified date and time and incomplete application forms will be summarily rejected.
Following is the probable schedule of ICET 2011:
1. Issue of ICET 2011 Notification: 14th February 2011
2. Application forms for ICET 2011 will be available in designated Andhra Bank branches and E-Seva Centers across the state. Applications can also be obtained from all main post offices in the district head quarters and post offices located at university campuses.
3. Sale of ICET 2011 application forms shall begin from: 22nd February 2011.
4. Last date for submission of ICET 2011 application: 24th March 2011. (without late fee).
5. With a late fee of Rs.500 (DD): 8th April 2011;
6. With a late fee of Rs.2000 (DD): 13th April 2011.
7. ICET 2011 Date: 18-05-2011.
Late fee should be paid in the form of DD drawn in favour of ‘The Secretary, APSCHE’ payable at Hyderabad.
ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS :
ICET-2011AU College of Engineering (A),
Visakhapatnam-530 003, A.P., India.