Admission to MBA and MCA Courses in Karnataka for the year 2010-11
Admission to MBA/MCA for the year 2010, the Karnataka PGCET – 2010 is being conducted under the supervision of Central Post Graduate Admission Committee (CPAC) for the purpose of determining the merit of both Karnataka and Non-Karnataka Candidates for admission to the First year, First semester of full time (2 years) and part time (3 years) Master of Business Administration (MBA) and full time (3 years), Master of Computer Applications (MCA) courses, in University Departments and institutions affiliated to the following Universities- Bangalore, Gulbarga, Karnatak, Kuvempu, Mangalore, Mysore, Tumkur, Karnataka State Women’s University, Davanagere, and Visvesvaraya Technological University, within the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2010-2011. However, the Non-Karnataka candidates appearing for PGCET - 2010 are eligible for those seats available against the management quota of private professional institutions, in such cases where the institutions have surrendered their quota of seats to CPAC.
MBA (FT/ PT): Admission to MBA course shall be open for the candidates who have passed the Bachelor degree with not less than fifty percent i.e. integer 50% (rounding-off of aggregate percent is not permitted) of the marks in the aggregate of all the years of the degree examinations. However, in the case of candidates from Karnataka belonging to SC / ST and Category I, the aggregate percent of marks of all the years of the qualifying examination shall not be less than forty five percent i.e. integer 45% (rounding -off of aggregate percent is not permitted).The candidates applying for part-time course in MBA must have worked for not less than three years (after the qualifying examination and experience is considered up to date of Notification) in an establishment and must be working in an organization within a radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which the candidate seeks admission.
MCA (FT) : Admission to MCA course shall be open for the candidates who have passed Bachelor degree with not less than fifty percent i.e. integer 50% (rounding-off of aggregate percent is not permitted) of marks in the aggregate of all the years of the degree examinations with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer Programming or Computer Applications or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional or elective at Degree Level. Provided further that a candidate who has studied and passed one of the subjects specified in the first proviso in the Pre-University Course with 50 % of marks in that subject shall also be considered for admission. However in the case of candidates from Karnataka belonging to SC / ST and Cat-I, forty five percent i.e. integer 45% (rounding -off of aggregate percent is not permitted) of marks in that subject shall be considered for Admission.
1) The written test will be conducted for MBA course between 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM and for MCA course between 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM on 11-7-2010(Sunday) at various centers as specified in Brochure supplied with the application form.
2) For both Karnataka & Non-Karnataka Students admission will be based solely on performance in written test (PGCET), then followed by counseling for seat selection as per merit.
How to Apply :
The application can be obtained on payment of Rs. 600/- ( Rs 300/- in case of Karnataka SC/ ST and Cat-I, on production of documentary proof) in the form of DD only, drawn in favour of the Member Secretary, CPAC payable at Belgaum.
a) Application can be obtained only in person from :
1) Gulbarga University, Department of Mgmt, “Jnana Ganga”,GULBARGA -585106. Phone No : 08472-263283
2) University of Mysore, B.N. Bahadur Institute of ManagementSciences, “Manasagangothri,” MYSORE -570 006. Phone No : 0821-2413920/2419755,
3) Karnatak University,Kousali Institute of Management Studies, DHARWAD -580 003. Phone No : 0836-2741882
4) Karnataka StateWomen’s University, Department of PG Studies & Research in Management, Bijapur – 586 101. Phone N o. : 08352-277503
5) J N N College of Engineering, Dept. of MBA, Savalanga Road, Navule, Shimoga -577 204 Phone No:08182-276568
6) Srinivasa Institute of Technology, Merlapadavu, Arkula, P.O. Parangipet, Valachil, Mangalore – 574143 Phone No: 0824-2274730/32
7) Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Shamanur Road, Davanagere -577 004 Phone No: 08192-222245
b) Application can be procured in person & also by Post from :
1) Visvesvaraya Technological University, PGCET Cell, “ Jnana Sangama”, BELGAUM -590 018
2) VTU Regional Office, No. 351, II cross, I Block, Jayanagar,
Bangalore – 560 011
3) VTU Regional Office, Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering Campus, MYSORE -
4) VTU Regional Office, Rajapura Kusnoor Road, GULBARGA - 585 106.
The application can be obtained through post by applying on a plain paper indicating Name of the candidate & complete postal address, name of course for which admission is sought and enclose the DD (mention DD No., Date and Bank name) for application fee
c) Important Dates:
1) Last date for issue of application form : 10-6-2010
2) Completed application forms addressed to The Member Secretary CPAC, & Registrar, VTU, Jnana Sangama, Belgaum - 590 018 must reach on or before 10-6-2010
Contact Nos.: 0831-2498126/127/129.